Saturday, March 17, 2007

Wordpress Wins by TKO

Wordpress Wins by TKO
The fight raged one could really tell who was going to win. Wordpress seemed to be connecting more head blows but Blogger did not go down. In the end a unanimous decision was made to give the victory to WordPress.

What I like most about WordPress
-Speed, Speed , Speed I am using a dialup connection and publishing to Blogger is way too slow.

-Control over content. Just imagine one day google decides to shut you down. The Horror. With WordPress you have total control over your content. As long as you stay within the agreed bounds of your hosting provider you are totally safe.

-Blogger does not support categories and customisation is limited or difficult. I had my Wordpress blog up and running and managed to change to a three column template very easily

What I like most about Blogger
-Blogger is very easy to use.I am still to figure out several things on the wordpress platform such as inserting adsense, tags, images e.t.c

-The first issue I had with WordPress was security. At the time of writing there was news of the wordpress platform having been hacked.
WordPress 2.1.1 dangerous, Upgrade to 2.1.2

Verdict
Guys you can find my blog at my new home –xHydra.com Powered by WordPress
I will however find time to post to my Blogger blog from time to time.

No comments: